
Of all of the things that Sydney wishes she could do but isn't allowed to (a list far too long for her taste), one of the items that she is most persistent about is playing with computer keyboards.
I can find other toys, pick her up and walk away, but the second she sees that keyboard, she is running back to it and will positively throw a fit if she can't just bang on it.
As I sit here, typing this e-mail, checking the news, looking at my friends' blogs, all of the things that I do for at least 15-20 a day while she watches, I ask myself: "What is so darn appealing about the keyboard?"
Then I realize, it's because I use it so very often. Jeremy and I have gotten so much better about our television time, but we just can't stay away from the computer. We try to limit our time to after she's gone to bed, so that we take advantage of the time we have with her each day, but the fact of the matter is that a day doesn't go by that she doesn't see both of us on the computer at least once.
So, I booted up the old Win 98 machine and let her type. She had a great time! In fact, I think she saved her document at least once, so we'll have it forever. : )
I guess the next question is, does anyone know any good "keyboard banging" programs for toddlers, and does anyone have an old keyboard collecting dust in their spare bedroom (Kim, that last was directed to YOU)?
No comments:
Post a Comment