Thursday, June 14, 2007

Swim Lessons


Sydney's first swim lessons are almost over. She has really gotten more and more comfortable with the water (which was the goal of "swim lessons" for her age). She is happy to be in water up to her chin, is occasionally okay being on her back in the water, and loves to be on her tummy, kicking her legs. Sometimes, though, she forgets that she's in the water and as I am holding her on her tummy, she gets a little tired and tries to lay her head down for a rest... and winds up putting her whole face in the water. Other than the disorientation of "I wanted to rest and instead I got splashed," she doesn't seem to mind getting her face wet....

I want all of you to notice, though, that my daughter's hair is positivly RED in this picture. It still looks brown in inside lighting, but it is getting redder in the sun. For those of you who are wondering where the red hair could have come from, think of Jeremy. Lots of reading about genetics while I was pregnant told me that folks with pale skin (who cannot tan), and freckles are secretly carrying around red hair genes. So, I guess this seals the deal. Jeremy and I can never get divorced -- I'm not letting Sydney be someone's red headed stepchild!

No comments:

Post a Comment