Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Visit from Nolens

We just had Jeremy's dad and stepmom visiting from Utah. The net result, among other things, was the first visit from a grandma since Sydney's hair became long enough to put in a pony tail. ('Cause you guys know that it had to be someone else who looked at her hair and thought, "I could get a pony tail out of that" and not me.)

So, I thought you might like to see Sydney with her hair all done up. Honestly, I thought it was adorable -- I just wouldn't have thought to do it. She had her hair done every morning, and my job was to find the three outfits that all matched the pony tail holder so that when she made a mess, I could change her clothes without having to redo her hair. : )


We also took Sydney to the local playscape for the first time. She LOVED swinging. We're going to get her a swing for the backyard sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Anyway, she's doing really well these days -- crawling and pulling up but not yet walking. And for those of you who didn't get the whole "we all have strep and it isn't fun to be sick" story, Sydney (and the rest of us) are over the strep with no ill effects. In fact, Sydney never did act sick -- we just took her in when we came down with it, and found out that she needed antibiotics, too. So, I guess it was a blessing that Jeremy and I had 100+ fevers and couldn't swallow since otherwise, we never would have known that munchkin was sick to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment