I love a good family tradition. It is exciting to me that we are getting into this time in our lives when we have things we did last year that we want to do again this year and how each year builds on the year before.In this case, I am referring to taking Sydney to see Sesame Street Live. We had done it last year on Valentine's Day and this year it fell the weekend after.
Part of the tradition is buying Sydney a brand-new outfit. Last year it was a bright Sesame Street colors outfit with Elmo red, Big Bird Yellow, and Cookie Monster blue. This year, it was a t-shirt that said, "Sunny Days."
I enjoyed the show, 123 Imagination better this year than I did Elmo's Green Thumb last year. It had an over-arcing theme of postcards and using your imagination to go where the postcards were from. Fun times.
After show, as we did last year, we walked back to Symphony Square where we had parked, wandering through the Waller Creek Trail in downtown.
Part of the magic of the day is exploring this particular part of old Austin that we normally don't get to see.
The adventure ends at Symphony Square where we took more pictures of Sydney and went to eat at the Serrano's there.
I know Sesame Street Live didn't really fall on Valentine's Day this year, but it kind of felt like it did. I also know that I love this man more this year than I did last and I expect to love him more next year. What a great feeling.
And for my favorite part of any good family tradition, the year on year comparison photos:


You can really see how much she has grown with those comparison shots. I love that photo with her on the ground/rocks.
ReplyDelete