Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Last night, for New Year's Eve instead of hosting here, we were invited to join our church friends.  We really like these couples from our Sunday School class and all of our kids are about the same age.

The adults sat around the family room playing a trivia game.  It was called Smart Ass and it was actually a lot of fun.   The question is really a series of clues and you call out the answer when you think you know it.
The kids pretty much ran amuck.  We all agreed that it was all fun and games as long as no one actually got hurt and since the only tumble was John Patrick and it was just his nose and it didn't even bleed, it was indeed, all fun and games.
Sydney, Abigail, Sean and John all made it to midnight.  Ava and Emelia crashed just after eleven.
Jeremy and I enjoyed a champagne toast at midnight.
Sydney and John enjoyed some water in fancy plastic flutes.
On New Year's Day we got up and went to church and then in the afternoon, made time to do our traditional black eyed bean craft.

2012 - two thousand twelve, twenty twelve.


It's a whole new year and I can't wait to see what wonderful things God has in store for us this year.  2003 Jeremy and I married.  2006 Sydney was born.  2009 John Patrick was born.  I just have this feeling that good things are going to happen this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment