Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What Rhymes with Goldilocks?

Chicken pox, of course!

Sydney and John have "breakthrough varicella" which is fancy talk for "chicken pox even though they got the vaccine."

What does breakthrough varicella look like?  It looks like this.
And like this:

I know.  I couldn't see much of anything either.  It's why I have taken both kids all over town, to daycare, to church, to the grocery store, to Target.  They are my own little Trojan horses of plague.  I never would have taken Sydney to the doctor at all.  She has a total of four blisters, two of which have healed completely.  It wasn't until John had seven or so that I finally decided that they couldn't all be ant bites with no sign of ants or bites on anyone else.  The doctor confirmed varicella today for John and with what she showed me on him, I can see the heads on the tiny little blisters on Sydney.  And I do mean tiny!
Either way, both kids are home from daycare for the rest of the week and phone calls and e-mails have been placed to anyone we have knowingly been in contact with in the last week and a half.

1 comment:

  1. I can see why you didn't know. That's barely seeable at all.

    ReplyDelete