Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Morning at Home

The Christmas Tree


Christmas pajamas, opening gifts


Sydney's "big" gift, a train table


Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Precious. Some folks at church gave Pip their kids' old train set for his baptism. I think when we fill inthe missing stuff it may be similar to Sydney's set up. Do y'all do Santa, or was the big gift from y'all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort of avoid the issue all together in this way: the train set (or whatever "big" gift) is unwrapped away from the tree with no mention of who brought it. She will either assume Santa (if her friends tell her to expect Santa gifts) or Mama and Daddy (if she never takes to the Santa tale. Either way, I haven't lied to her and she could still chose to indulge herself in Santa mythology. It's not Santa I object to as much as parents telling elaborate lies to preserve the myth. If she ever were to ask, I would tell her, "You Dad and I got that for you."

    ReplyDelete