I think it is even funnier to have Andrew in my room now that he is a Kindergartener himself. He kept pointing to things in the room and saying, "my teacher has that" or "I have that in my room."
I did feel like Sydney and Andrew looked so grown up sitting at my tables and working. She used to be comical in the big kid chairs. Now she's just right.
In addition to my toys, the kids also secured some duplos from the principal. I had to stop by her office to pick something up and the kids found her stash of toys and convinced her to let them borrow them for the day.
The following day, I took Sydney and Jack to daycare and Sydney insisted on taking her unicorn, Uni with her just to show her teacher and then I could take it back out of daycare. Only when we got to daycare, Sydney told me in a very serious voice that I had to take Uni into my school because if she was left alone in the car, she would cry and cry and cry until she died!
Clearly the unicorn's life was on the line, so I complied. And since I am this mother, I took pictures of what Uni did in my room.
Funnily enough, Uni, like Sydney enjoys the white boards.
Sydney was pleased that Uni had a good time, but was very unimpressed when I tried to explain that it was because Uni was having such a good time that she wanted to stay the night in the dollhouse and clearly it was not at all that I forgot her at school that day.
In other news, I returned to the classroom that night and Uni was in Sydney's arms before she fell asleep.
too cute!! it is funny how they look "just right" now isn't it... not so little anymore
ReplyDeleteLOL. I love the ending to this tale.
ReplyDelete