Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Ball Gown

With school back in session, our week nights are pretty much an hour or so of play time until dinner, bath and then bed.  So the weekends are when we get to just play.

Lately Sydney has been very much into wearing her "ball gown" around the house all weekend.  It's a David's Bridal flower girl dress (I guess) that I bought used for $8.  She just asks to wear it in the morning and then usually doesn't take it off until it's time for bed.

Last weekend, that meant she happened to be wearing when her daddy got out the mop and since Sydney loves mopping, she begged for a turn.
What do you think of when you see a girl in a ball gown cleaning?  Yep.. me, too.
We also played board games (still wearing the ball gown.)
Then I decided if she was going to be wearing her ball gown and pretending to me a "marry lady" that she might enjoy using my veil and wedding tiara.  And if she was going to wear all of that, I should take pictures.

She was pretending to walk like a "marry lady" as first and then I took her around to Jeremy's car.  Mr. and Mrs. Ford have a picture of themselves on their wedding day in a convertible and I loved the image so much I recreated it for Sydney.  Who knows, maybe she'll choose to take a real wedding picture like this one and that would be just fine with me.  (I also thought Mrs. Ford would like to know that she can have the marry dress if Sydney doesn't wear it to tatters and her own sweet girl can do a picture like this in four or five years.)
Mostly I just wanted to share some of the special things from my special day with Sydney.  She may or may not chose to get married.  She may or may not choose to wear my tiara.  But she will always remember playing "married" with it as a little girl.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that gives me goosebumps to think that I might someday get to see her get married!

    ReplyDelete