Monday, August 18, 2008

The Last Day of Summer

This past Friday was the official "Last Day of Summer" around here since I am back to work as of the 18th. I will also note that it was first time that the teacher in me almost won out over the mother in me.

The teacher wanted the day to get into the classroom and work on fun little projects for the students. The mama wanted to spend all day with Sydney.

So, to compromise, Sydney and I went up to school and played for about an hour first thing in the morning. She tried out all of my centers, including the reading center, the math center (with dinosaur counters) and the new grocery store center. I hope my students like all of the centers as much as Sydney does!



Then, we went to Kiddie Acres which was Sydney's favorite place this summer. She rode the carousel once, the airplanes three times, the cars twice, the boats once, and took one pony ride.



For lunch, we met up with the Hazens at Olive Garden and then we all went to Jungle Java for the kids to play.


I think that was a pretty cool "Last Day of Summer" -- which is good, because despite the heat, it was a pretty cool summer.

2 comments:

  1. We had a great time at lunch and Jungle Java with you guys. I can't wait to take Peter to Kiddie Acres next summer. It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! She looks like she had a real blast!

    ReplyDelete