Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday Lunch is Hot

Every Sunday, Jeremy and his buddy Fred Morris hang out. Sometimes they wash their cars, sometimes, they play video games, but mostly they go get lunch. Since Jeremy is always busy Sunday afternoons for an hour or so at least, Sydney and I have started going to get lunch by ourselves. I just love it. I love sitting in the restaurant chatting with her. I love that she doesn't need a high chair any more, I love that she is beginning to understand basics of restaurant etiquette. Today, for example, as soon as she sat down, she took the salt and pepper shakers and put them on the ledge next to the booth (which is what I do so she won't play with them). She puts her drink on the coaster and understands that waiters bring water. She just doesn't understand that you have to wait for your own waiter to show up. Every Sunday she does better and every Sunday is a little more fun.

Oh, and if you are wondering what we talk about: We often go to Chilli's and they have lights at the table. Lights are hot. The table is not hot. The drink is not hot. The coaster is hot (well, it has a picture of a hamburger on it, so I give it to her). That's the conversation. We decide what at the table is hot, and what is not hot. I mean, we talk about more than just that, but the hot/not hot debate is a big subject.



Since I haven't posted a picture of Sydney lately, I took this one outside of Chilli's. What do you think of her sassy new outfit? The ground in this picture, by the way, is hot. So is the poll. And the rocks. And the soda can someone left in the bushes that she isn't allowed to touch because it's yucky. And the cars that are parked nearby but aren't in the picture. I'm telling you, the hot/not hot thing is big right now.

3 comments:

  1. That is one cutie patootie outfit. I just love the dress and thight combo! Next Sunday please ask her, for her aunt Danielle, if one of those little shot glass desserts of fudge brownie is hot, compared to a strawberry cheesecake one. It's what I would ask if I were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does look very sassy, and the look on her face tells me she knows it! I love that she wants to be such a big girl in the restaurant too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and useful game! Thanks for sharing these cute adventures with us.

    ReplyDelete