Yesterday, for example, we happily set out with the plan of planting, and it was only after we had done all the work of clearing the garden plot that I realized all of the seed packets I had clearly said, "plant in spring."
We are not, despite the title of the blog, currently living in Australia where it is indeed spring. Here in North America, it is in fact, fall.
But, Sydney and I didn't let a little thing like seasons get in our way. We planted the seeds anyway, and we will keep you posted on the results. But for now, some pictures of my little gardener.
Sydney is helping to pull the weeds (actually, I think it's just grass, actually, I think grass might be a weed, actually, I don't know what we were pulling). Her understanding of the situation, though, was really just to pick up clumps of dirt and throw them. I tried to explain "not at me." She also just really loved the feel of it all. She put the dirt in her hand, took off her shoes to walk in the dirt, and at one point, found a good clod of dirt and used it like a bar of soap, rubbing it all over her tummy. (Yes, she had a good long bath with real soap later.)
And finally, a video of Sydney planting her garden, the real reason we did this crazy thing to begin with. How fun is that!
I am confident you will grow something! If you don't grow plants, you are certainly growing a healthy child. I love the video. She is getting taller, and starting to look a little less like a toddler. I'm seeing her turning into a child. Way to grow!
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't really matter if any of the plants grow much I don't think. It's really just important for you and your daughter to have fun together.
ReplyDeleteAnd she is still the cutest kid I know.
How cute! It looks like y'all had a blast.
ReplyDeleteIf you decide you want something to grow there as positive reinforcement, buy a couple of packets of lettuce seeds. They actually do grow in fall/winter/spring (they love cool weather), and they spring up fast. You can also basically just sprinkle them on the ground, because they are shallow planted. Pansies also grow really well in cooler weather, and they are very low maintenance. I have some out back that seeded themselves last year, so they must also just have sprinkle-seeds
Summer, I knew I should have called you about planting things!
ReplyDeleteThanks to all, though, with the positive reinforcement. (And the complements).
Nothing has grown, yet, except of course, for my daughter who grows daily. :)