Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Favorite Things


I see so much of Jeremy in Sydney. She likes cars. Jeremy knows all the makes and models and I still can't tell you the name of any car on the road other than a VW Beetle without looking at the words on the back. Sydney can carry a tune so well that we can tell which song she is singing even though the words are complete babble. I can't sing "Happy Birthday" in key, and I know that to be so because Jeremy tells me how off it is. He can apparently hear these things. In new situations, Sydney may be thoughtful, but she is usually bold. Jeremy in new situations is just like Jeremy in any situation -- the center of the party. I get quiet and nervous in new situations. Sydney has been on antibiotics twice in her life. Jeremy's mother is pretty sure he has taken antibiotics at some point in his life. I have been on them six times in the last year alone. Jeremy eats anything and Sydney already has a more varied diet than I do. When I get home, I kick off my shoes into the middle of the floor. Jeremy used to pick them up for me. Now Sydney does. She likes her house to have order, I guess. Even the way she likes books might be like me, but then again, Jeremy has read more books than I have and is one of the few people who reads even faster than I do.

But the one thing she does that is all me and not one little bit like Jeremy is her love for musicals. "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music is currently her favorite, although she thought the musical rendition of The Muppet's Frog Prince was nice, too. Jeremy thinks I'm warping her little brain, but in my defense, he's the one introducing her to Bob Marley.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe she'll be tapped to be the strawberry girl in Oliver someday. That would sort of make the world shinier.

    ReplyDelete