Incidentally, snapping beans and stirring stuffing were the only contributions I made for Thanksgiving dinner; it will be tastier that way, I promise. So really, I'm saying that Sydney can do almost as much in the kitchen as I do already. Not too bad for a two year old.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Preparing the Thanksgiving Meal
Jeremy's family are cooks. Both of Jeremy's parents and brothers are masterful in the kitchen, and no one, I mean, no one, cooks like his Grandma. Not being a cook myself, I think the whole process is fascinating and hope that Sydney has the culinary aptitude she was born in to. So, of course, when Sydney helped prepare her first meal (Thanksgiving meal, no less), I had to take pictures.
Sydney is snapping some "snap beans" -- admittedly she snapped many of them directly in half and I had to go back in and snap off the ends. But still, the act of snapping was satisfying and she stuck with it until all of the beans were ready.
Sydney also helped stir the stuffing that Jeremy made. This was a little harder to do and she quickly stopped stirring and started in on the other thing great cooks seem to do... sampling the product during the cooking process. Yum.
Incidentally, snapping beans and stirring stuffing were the only contributions I made for Thanksgiving dinner; it will be tastier that way, I promise. So really, I'm saying that Sydney can do almost as much in the kitchen as I do already. Not too bad for a two year old.
Incidentally, snapping beans and stirring stuffing were the only contributions I made for Thanksgiving dinner; it will be tastier that way, I promise. So really, I'm saying that Sydney can do almost as much in the kitchen as I do already. Not too bad for a two year old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wait til James shows her how he cooks.... (this is Nana and Grandma Kim)! Miss you guys... ;)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe she is two!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and good cookin, Sydney! Ryder just now pointed out why your blog is called what it is. I'm so blonde sometimes!
ReplyDeleteCute, cute, cute! I love her leggings.
ReplyDeleteThank you. She is wearing one of my favorite outfits.
ReplyDelete