Thursday, November 13, 2008

Reading in Bed

A few minutes ago, I heard Sydney on the monitor. She was obviously not sleeping, but rather talking animatedly to herself. I went to check on her (and tell her to "lay down and go to sleep") and this is what I saw:


I guess if she pushes her crib far enough from the wall (a trick she learned a few weeks ago), she can reach her bookcase.

So really, I just caught my daughter staying up, reading in bed.

I don't know what the parenting police say to do about it. I took the books away. They're paperback and she could tear them by rolling over them, or just tear them in toddler frustration when she gets tired of reading and is still awake. It's happened before. So just can't have paperback books in bed with her.

So I got her some board books instead.

7 comments:

  1. Talk about nature and nurture…you and Jeremy must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is amazing... Jeremy and Jon's endless hunger for books, combined with James' fearless ingenuity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are SO proud.

    I do worry about that combination, though. How much more could James have gotten into if he had taken the time to read and get new ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is sooo big!!! Can I add you to our baby's blog page? --Brandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course! Would you like to be on ours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I hope we have this "problem" with Pip, too.

    ReplyDelete