Monday, April 6, 2009

Patience

A recent conversation in the car, on the three minute drive home from the sitter's:

Sydney: I want juice.

Me: You can have juice when we get home.

Sydney: I want juice first.

Me: Yes, you can have juice as soon as we get home.

Sydney: I want water.

Me: You can have water if you want, but I thought you would want juice.

Sydney: I want milk first.

Me: You can have milk, if that's what you want.

Sydney: I want goldfish.

Me: You can have goldfish with your milk.

Sydney: I want juice.

Me: Alright, you are being too demanding. You...

Sydney: I have to be patient.

Me: That's right. You have to be patient.

Sydney: I have to be patient. I have to be patient. I have to be patient. I have to be patient. I have to be patient. I have to be patient. I have to be patient.

3 comments:

  1. you are doing her such a huge favor by helping her to be patient! I am so impressed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spicy Girl told me about this conversation, so you must have shared it at school. Now S.G. tells me in the car...quite often I might add...."You have to be patient." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I shared it with the kids one day when they, too, needed to be patient.

    You're welcome, by the way, for the shared joy of listening to the "You have to be patient" chant. :)

    ReplyDelete