Sunday, November 29, 2009

Uncle James

James Michael Nolen, March 31, 1984 - November 22, 2009


Dear Sydney,

The loss of your Uncle James is something you probably won't even remember, but in ways we can't even name, his loss will be felt. He loved you so much and spent so much of the time he had on leave from the army coming to see your dad and you. A lot of the time you spent with Uncle James has already been documented for you, but I wanted to share some of my favorite moments between the two of you.

Love,
Mom


(These two pictures are sadly from before I really started blogging, but they are Sydney's first and second Christmases. In the first, James and Jon came up to see us and in the second, James was home on leave and we celebrated Christmas with him in Houston.)






3 comments:

  1. A very fitting tribute and record.

    She may actually retain a few memories of him. My great grandfather died when I was very young as well. I do have a few bits of memories of him. And having the pictures and posts you have here will help her to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. My heart just aches reading this. I'm so glad Sydney had the time she did with her uncle, and the pictures and stories will stay with her forever. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete