Yesterday, in the car on the way back from Houston, Sydney was talking about what she will be like when she is bigger. It turns out that when she gets big, she will be a daddy.
I asked her what her daddy will be.
She said, "A baby, so I can take care of him."
And me? What will mama be?
"A big sister," she said.
And Jack?
"He will be a big sister, too."
I love the little insights into her mind. The idea that she is on a trajectory to become a big person, a daddy who takes care of everyone, and that at the very same time, her daddy is getting younger, so that when she is big, he will be little and she will be there to care for him. How sweet is that?
And Sydney is so very right about the role reversals . . . .
ReplyDelete