They hadn't seen each other since Christmas and I was pleasantly surprised by how well they got along today despite the time apart.
Here they are playing on the front porch with the water table. I think one of the most interesting parts of their friendship is their differences. Andrew is playing without much dialogue, carefully and calmly fishing without getting a since drop of water on himself. Sydney, as usual, has a constant line of dialogue going, actually had to change shirts when water play time was over, and at one point was purposefully dripping water onto her own head.
After the water play, we headed to the back yard where Andrew showed Sydney how to actually move a car Flinestone's style and Sydney showed Andrew how to pull the car to the top of the hill in the backyard, get in, put your feet up and just coast.
Their favorite part, though, was Sydney's new sink. She's only had it for a few days and she loves, loves, loves it. Andrew thought it was pretty neat, too. He kept saying to his mom, "My birthday is coming up..." which I thought was amazingly suave for an almost four year old.I love all of the different friends that Sydney is making already in her life. She has some from church, some from the sitter's (like Andrew) and some who are kids of my friends, but all of them bring out a slightly different side of her and it's neat to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment