I love that we put flowers on the cross... even if Sydney refused to participate in that tradition this year and wanted to keep her flower all for herself. She'll learn.
I love the getting up early and getting ready in our Easter best to head to church. I love that one of my church friends actually dons an Easter bonnet on Easter Sunday and her daughter, who is Sydney's age, does as well.
I love looking at people and saying, "He is Risen" and hearing "He is Risen Indeed" in return.
I love all of the ways in which, as a church, we come together to make this Sunday different and set apart from all the other Sundays on the year.
But I know for Sydney, the best part is her friends and the fun they have together. So I was grateful that two families from the church came over after the service to have a tri-family Easter egg hunt.
It may not be the true meaning of Easter. But it is the sort of event that builds relationships and I am hoping that these relationships with other families in the church will be part of what strengthens Sydney in her faith as she gets older.
No comments:
Post a Comment