Mostly, it was just too darn hot. Apparently the ambient temperature has to drop lower than 80 or 85 degrees for a tarmac to be anything less than sweltering. Also, we missed the parts where the planes were actually flying and you can't touch the planes on the ground, so it was just not as cool as I was hoping.
What I did love was that I got my new camera and I was able to give Sydney my old one. I didn't get anything fancy, just a Kodak Easy Share point and shoot, but there was a salad dressing incident with my old Cannon over a year ago and every so often the shutters threaten to not open and I was really upset at the idea of the camera breaking all together at some crucial vacation time.The net result is that while I was taking pictures of her, Sydney was taking pictures of everything else, which has led me to start a photography blog for her and her pictures. I don't know if photography will be a big deal to her later on, but it's her hobby right now and I like that it lets her share her point of view. So I guess we'll just keep providing her with equipment and cool things like planes to take pictures of and see where it leads her.
No comments:
Post a Comment