Monday, April 21, 2008

Daddy's Girl

As many of you know, Jeremy is wonderful guy to have around. He cooks, he cleans, he does laundry, he grocery shops, well, I would go on, but eventually someone would have to ask what exactly it is that I do around here.... Anyway, the point is that all he asks in return in a chance to get wings and a beer with his buddy Fred on Sunday afternoons, and the chance to play as much XBox as his otherwise packed schedule allows.

The net result is that it is fairly common around here to see Jeremy sitting on the loveseat, with his feet up, playing XBox. He even bought a headset so that when he plays late at night (which is when he gets in most of his play time) he won't wake Sydney (whose room is on the other side of the wall).

I guess Sydney has seen her daddy doing this fairly often. He left his game paused and she went for the controller first, and then asked for the headphones. She totally acted like she knew exactly what to do.


Note to Jeremy: check the suspension on your car before you race again -- she may have made some "improvements."

3 comments:

  1. Has she topped Jeremy's high score yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but her tuning did almost make Jeremy lose his #1 spot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder of how much our children imitate us! Makes me think twice about what I say and do - do I want it repeated?

    ReplyDelete