Tuesday, April 15, 2008

An Unexpected Side Affect

It's funny how you can make a decision for one reason or another and then it causes something something completely unexpected? I think this may be called "the ripple effect" in some circles.

Take my new job, for example: I changed school districts to be closer to Sydney and to work in the district that she would eventually attend. I really wasn't expecting to find a better fit for myself, but I did. Jeremy, on the other hand, changed positions at his job thinking, well, to tell the truth, I'm not really sure what he was thinking, and he's found that his new job has him working crazy long hours. Unexpected consequences.

And, on a much more mundane note, lowering a crib mattress means that a certain toddler can no longer reach the light switch for her closet to play her favorite game "turn off the lights while mama looks for clothes for me for the day." So sad.

Oh well, at least she'll grow.

3 comments:

  1. My Courtney was a climber! We moved her out of her crib before she was 15 months old, because she could - and would - climb out! She also stopped wearing adorable little nightgowns because they get in the way when climbing on coffee tables, dining room tables (reaching for the chandelier, of course!) and bookcases. If you haven't yet anchored your bookcases into the walls, it is time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You assume we have bookcases....

    So, um, how does one go about anchoring those....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You buy "L" brackets at Home Depot. You locate a stud in the wall above the bookcase. You screw one end of the L bracket into the bookcase and the other into the wall. Voila! Curious, climbing toddlers can still climb but cannot pull the whole bookcase over on themselves. Books, yes, but that is another story!

    ReplyDelete