Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm Just Splay'n

Tomorrow is "Wet and Wild Wednesday" at the kids' new daycare. Jeremy was reminding Sydney of this before bedtime. He called it "Splash Day" which made Sydney think of the "Splash Pool" so she said quite confused, "But there isn't a pool at my school."

"I think they have sprinklers," said Jeremy.

"What are splinkers?" asked Sydney.

"Sprink-lers" repeated Jeremy.

Realizing her mistake and being verbal enough to find word play funny, Sydney laughed at herself and said, "I said 'splinkers!'"

Somehow, this was HILarious for the next twenty minutes or so. Jeremy had actually left Sydney's room so she could go to bed and we could hear her from the other side of the door going: "Splinkers!" and laughing hysterically.

Like really. Sydney's voice saying "splinkers!" and then a snorting laughter, over and over and over again.

Finally, Jeremy went in and said, "Hey, what's splinking on around here?"

Giggles.

"You need to go to splink."

More giggles.

"Get your head on your splillow and splay down!"

Giggle, giggle, giggle, and then Sydney said, "No, I need my spluh first!" and she grabbed her special blanket which she (normally) calls a "buh" and laid down to go to spleep.

Splort of.

2 comments: