Thinking ahead to Valentine's Day, I want to share some of the many things that I love about Sydney.
I love the way she talks. Her latest phrase has been "back in the old days," as in, "I used to crawl, back in the old days" or "I had to wear a diaper back in the old days."
I love her scientific curiosity, enthusiasm and imagination as she explores the backyard. Earlier this week, she made the startling discovery of ice in the water table! This was the day after all of her animals were swimming in the water table and the mama giraffe was offering words of encouragement to baby giraffe who couldn't swim... "Look at all of the other animals; they can do it!" And then when baby giraffe did swim, "I knew you could do it! I am so proud of you!"

I love her sense of style. This is her teacher look. Teachers must wear glasses and have a serious look on their faces. I don't know why.

I love her willingness to do her own thing. Like bring a unicorn to the school's Teddy Bear Picnic. I also love that the unicorn is sometimes named "Uni" and sometimes named "Sydney." When I asked her how they would know which Sydney I was calling, she told me the unicorn's real name was Sydney
Jenny Nolen and she was, of course, Sydney Marie Nolen.

But lately, the thing that I have loved the most about her is how she is growing into her role as big sister. More than just co-existing with her brother, she is nurturing to him, kind to him, and caring of him.

Her willingness to share with him amazes me. She will share her parent's attention almost limitlessly. With toys, she needs help with the process of sharing, but is willing to try and does extremely well for a four year old.

I love the two of them so much and it makes me so happy to see how they love one another.
Sydney is just adorable. What a creative girl! I love seeing how Sydney and Jack are getting along as they get older. I have high hopes that my children will be friends with one another as well.
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing that she's already 4. Seems like she was 2 not that long ago.
ReplyDelete