Friday, January 21, 2011

Zoe Elisabeth

This picture is a little late going up because I didn't take it and had to wait on Dave to e-mail it to me and Dave says he's been busy lately... perhaps for the same reason that I drove three hours to Aunt Jennie Sue's house last Sunday just to drive three hours back home later that same evening.

It's all about Zoe over at the Lang's right now and I can't say I blame them one little bit. She is precious.

I did have a bit of a hard time because every time I thought I was going to get to really settle down and hold her, one of her uncles would ask for her and since she has seven uncles, that's a lot of sharing. Uncle Isaac pointed out that Zoe is going to grow up thinking that "uncle" is some kind of generic term for "man" since she has so many uncles.

I doubt it. I think she is going to realize very quickly that most daddies -- especially in her generation -- do not have seven brothers and will take great pride in being part of such a special family.

I was so glad I got to see her, but I think the best part was seeing Dave and Suzanne as parents -- they are so calm and at ease with her and seem to have melded into even more of a Dave-and-Suzanne unit than they were before. The three of them are going to be a close, loving little family surrounded by a close, loving extended family -- including so many related by blood and many more related by friendship.

1 comment:

  1. What's up with Sydney these days? Haven't heard about her interests and activities lately. I suppose that as she gets to the age of the kids you teach, it might get more difficult to spot all the coolnesses she's developing since you see it all the time. But we, her fan base, still want to know. Her favorite color? Progress on princessing? Can she dance? And so on. (This is me clamoring to hear more about our favorite future pen pal for Pip. As soon as he consistently makes letters, she's getting a note in the mail since Pip loves to hear/see Sydney.)

    ReplyDelete