Today was Martin Luther King Jr. Day and with the day off of school, it was time to do
something.
Two years ago, Kara and I had taken Sydney and Peter to the
Austin Zoo but last year, I spent the better part of MLK Day at Scott and White and then back at home
blogging for Kara since, although she became part of a medical miracle on that day, she was still months away from her next zoo trip.
Kara and I decided that the zoo tradition was SO much better than the ICU, and so we went back to the zoo, but this time we went north to the Waco Zoo since it's on our zoo membership card.

Sydney's favorite exhibit was once again the waterfall. We went twice and stayed for quite awhile both times so that she could really enjoy it.

Peter's favorite was the lion and I could not believe how close the lion got to the window, and therefore the kids. Do you see it licking its lips?

My favorite? That the kids actually wore their owl hats all day. Too cute. I wore my first crochet project. I'm not up to owl hats. Yet.

And the requisite group photo... not an easy task with four kids aged four and under, but if you ignore the odd angle for the mamas (who were having to lean back into the kids), it's a good picture.

And I had to include it because not only was it a difficult to get, but it shows off Kara's pretty pink hoodie, which I am fairly sure she wore to the zoo two years ago. :)
So what animal is at the waterfall? Since I'm pretty sure the zoo wouldn't have a fence just for a waterfall.
ReplyDeleteIt's a lemur. :)
ReplyDeleteThose hats are the cutest...Zoe must have one.
ReplyDeleteCool. We have lemurs at the museum here. Every time I see one of your zoo posts, I feel temporarily inspired to trek an hour and a half to our zoo, but then I remember that my kids would totally be upset by such a long car trip, and I have to wait till they are older. At least we have bears, lemurs, owls, snakes, muskrats, turtles, wolves, butterflies, fish, birds, possums, woodchucks, alligators, frogs, and insects at our museum. Like a mini zoo, I suppose, but without a cool otter slide. I so want a teleport to Georgetown.
ReplyDeleteZoe can totally have Sydney's when Syd outgrows it. Of she can have her own much sooner -- look on etsy.
ReplyDeleteSummer - I totally agree with the teleporter sentiment. Frustrates me all the time.