I love these central Texas snow storms. They come in just infrequently enough to be magical bursts of winter wonder and not an inclement headache. Sydney found the cold too off-putting for a lot of outdoor play, but we managed three excursions before noon. She explored the snow, played in the backyard, got her daddy to pull her and her brother around in a wagon in the snow, attempted making a snowman but found the snow too powdery, made a snow/grass angel instead and then used the ever-versatile sand and water table as a snow table for her arctic animals before calling it a morning.
I went outside to enjoy the beauty of the day and found instead a new beauty in my daughter, my snow angel.
How sweet! I'm glad y'all got to have a snow day together. I love those moments that break through our routine, helping us to appreciate how much we love these little persons.
Looks like fun for all. :-)
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! I'm glad y'all got to have a snow day together. I love those moments that break through our routine, helping us to appreciate how much we love these little persons.
ReplyDeleteHey, you didn't even have to use the insta-snow this time!
ReplyDeleteWe enjoyed our day off too! We tried the snowman thing... but it was too powdery! So good to see you the other day!!
ReplyDelete