Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Obviously, one of the things we did for Valentine's Day was a photo session. Sydney was very cooperative once again, making me very happy.

We also had an extra for our photo shoot.

We had Sydney's buddy Andrew over on Friday night so his parents could go out. The kids played in the backyard and then we got out the Legos. The kids thought the Legos were pretty cool, but weren't as amazed by them as I thought they would be. When Andrew's parents came to pick them up, though, I got the reaction I was waiting for. Andrew's mom, Helen, is my new Lego buddy for sure.

The follow night, Saturday, we took our kids to Andrew's house and it was our turn to go out. Jeremy and I chose the Main Street Grill in Round Rock and it was delicious!

On Sunday, we took the kids to the mall where we got Auntie Anne's pretzels, of course.

Then we went to Build a Bear. This was supposed to be the big Valentine's treat for the kids. Unfortunately, they did not have any unicorns, which is what Sydney really wanted. She was going to settle for a pink bear, but I realized that all she really wanted was a ballerina outfit, so I reminded her that she had a Build a Bear owl at home, so we bought a couple of outfits for the owl.
I was still going to get a Build a Bear for Jack, but he was far more interested in the carousel outside the store. In the end, we got Jack an Imaginext pirate ship, because nothing says love like piracy and because Jeremy has fallen in love with Imaginext toys and because they are on clearance at Walmart...

... and because they are 100% compatible with Sydney's Precious Places Princess sets, which is to say that the princesses can hold the swords, move the sails on the ship, and the Swan Boat can be boarded by pirates.

But mostly because truly, nothing says "love" like a brother and sister playing happily side-by-side.

1 comment:

  1. I love that the princesses can board the pirate ship. Of course I did go to Disney's Pirate and Princess party for my 33rd birthday as a pirate princess, so I might be biased.

    ReplyDelete