Because Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Nolen were sick with a cold, we missed out on going to El Campo for Christmas Eve, but instead had a nice relaxing day at home.
Sydney helped her daddy make tamales for Christmas Day.
Then, in the evening, we went to the Children and Family Christmas Eve service at church. The theme this year was "Mary's Memory Box" and each child got their own memory box for Christmas. I am looking forward to seeing what we can add to them each year. This year the boxes have angel feathers, hay, a jingle bell, and a small candy cane.
After church, we went over to the Robinson's. Helen had worked on a skillet lasagna that was delicious and Jeremy brought salad and bread.
How many cooks does it take to move a lasagna from the stove to a serving dish? I don't know... I just take pictures.
The kids enjoyed the present opening.
Helen and I enjoyed putting Andrew's presents together. You know, for him.
Back at home, Jeremy and I got the kids in bed and Sydney off-handledly said, "You know what I really want for Christmas?"
Oh, dear, I thought, I hope it's something I have here in the house.
"What I really want, Mama, is a Christmas card. Maybe you could get your students to make one for me."
I have no idea where she got this idea, but as Jeremy put it, what kind of parent do you have to be to get a request like that on Christmas Eve and not do it for your kid?
So after the kids were in bed, Jeremy and I each made a homemade card for each child, and possibly started a new Christmas tradition.
Then we set up the playroom with the big gifts and put the under the tree presents, from us and from some far away aunts in neat little piles, ready for Christmas morning.
Then we were off to bed ourselves... so excited to see the kids faces the next morning!
I love your Christmas Eve Socks.
ReplyDelete