Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sabrina's Baptism

Sydney certainly doesn't remember her own baptism.  She probably doesn't remember her brother's.  But I know she still remembers Zoe's and now she has Sabrina's to reflect on as well.  And through all of these, she is able to understand that she, too, was baptized as an infant and accepted into the church, with the promise of all the guidance and support her Earthly family can give her to walk the path her Heavenly father has set for her.

We were very excited to be able to share this moment with the Fords.  They had invited us to do several things with them this season and we missed seeing them in the Living Nativity the weekend before.  I guess if I had to pick, though, Sabrina as Baby Jesus or Sabrina being welcomed into the church family, I would have chosen the baptism anyway.
Sabrina's was held outside, which I thought was beautiful and fitting.  I was the official photographer and enjoyed really getting to capture all of those little moments.  I was especially pleased when Jenny either indulged me or flattered when she emulated me and asked for what I consider to be the epitome of the baptism picture: the infant in front of the stained glass.
I took one of these for Sydney and another for John Patrick.  I took one of Zoe and now I have one of Sabrina.  Such precious babies, now part of our Christian family.  What wonderful news and what a wonderful gift at Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment