Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Nutcracker

Our plans for our busiest weekend of Advent -- the 9th and 10th -- were derailed by a stomach bug and we spent much of the next week recovering.  We did manage to make it to see The Nutcracker on the 11th, but only just barely and John was, although technically "well," still not 100%.  He alternated between deliriously silly (as in he would not stop speaking in the rat king's voice long enough to take a picture) to painfully shy and withdrawn.
For once in our Nutcracker history, I looked nicer than Jeremy as all of his super stylish suits are being tailored and he had pretty much nothing to wear and I had the dress and shawl that Coral bought me for Christmas.
Sydney got to see the kids dressed up as mice again this year.  I keep thinking as the years progress, she will one day be as big as a "mouse."
We sat in our very same seats as the last two years and loved it.  Sydney was enthralled and John was happy to half sleep through Act I.  We still didn't make it to Act II, and I doubt that we will next year either, but some day.
I love this Christmas tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment