Last Saturday was the Christmas Stroll on the square in Georgetown. We went out there after noon and the kids and Jeremy both found themselves taken in, not by the booths or the activities, but the new sculptural art on the square.
We did do some activities. The Home Depot area was a big hit for us again this year. The kids both made helicopters.
I, who was determined to find something, anything, to buy in the name of supporting local artisans and small businesses, found Bubba's Beez. I have heard that eating local honey is great for allergies and found this kid who, as a homeschool project, starting keeping bees and now sells his honey. So I bought some, of course, and I must tell you, it is really tasty!
Then we headed to our favorite part of the Christmas Stroll: Downtown Bethlehem.
Sydney and I talked about how all of the people here are pretending to be in Bethlehem when Jesus is being born and that the fun is in the pretending. She looked at me, and then looked up in the sky and said, "Hey I see the star, come on!" So one through Bethlehem we went. Having the focus of looking for baby Jesus made Sydney less inclined to go to all of the booths, but we did stop and a few and then we found the Holy Family and watched the short performance a couple of times through.
I am so grateful to the local Church of the Nazarene and all of their corporate sponsorship that enables them to do this for the second year in a row -- it is a wonderful way to start the season.
Those are fun sculptures.
ReplyDeleteMy mom swears by local honey. It has really helped her.