Thursday, March 15, 2012

Play for All

Everyone on Facebook (in the greater Round Rock area) seems to be going to the Play for All Abilities playground.  It's pretty much the neatest public park I have ever seen... including the Creative Playscape in Georgetown and it just opened.  It is completely wheelchair accessible, including a wheelchair swing and a ramp accessible playscape.  There are different sections that address sensory and gross motor needs.  An entire section is a town in miniature, which I suppose could be used to teach street safety and community skills.

Mostly, it is a massive park with a single exit point.  The fence is high and if you settle yourself at the exit, your kids cannot get out.  And the exit is a double gate so that even if you let one slip past you, you have an additional ten feet to reach them before they really get out.

Totally worth the hype.

The plan today was to meet up with Kelly and her son Jaxon.  I didn't realize that Kelly had also invited Kara, so it was a nice surprise to see her there as well as my other friend, Elissa, who used to work with Kelly and Kara and me.  Like I said, everyone in the greater Round Rock area was there.

I didn't get all of the pictures I wanted because John was still tired from Sea World and spent most of the afternoon in the car, eating his lunch and having some down time.  Kelly was a great friend, though, and watched Sydney for me so that I could be with John.
 Sydney really liked the pretend town section and rode her bike around and around.
From the park, I met back up with Kara and Jenny to shop the local consignment event.
Afterwards, I took John home for his nap and Sydney and I went to Southwestern so she could ride her bike some more.
Sydney and I had such a fun day.  I'm glad Kelly talked me into going to the Play for All park even though it was crowded and I'm sure we'll go again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment