We haven't seen much of the Fords lately. Mrs. Ford's maternity leave was over and then within the month her co-worker resigned, leaving Mrs. Ford the primary pediatric pharmacist in her hospital's NICU. Her schedule is beginning to even out, though, with more and more fifty and sixty hour weeks instead of the seventy or so she was doing there for a while.
The other night the Fords came here and we got to see baby Sabrina who is getting bigger and bigger.
Sydney had so much fun just looking at Sabrina, kissing her head, talking to her.
I had fun holding her and interacting with her and my kids. I am at that point where biology is demanding a new baby and no amount of whispering "but the tubes are tied" to myself changes that hormonal surge that I get seeing a little baby these days. So really, time with Sabrina right now is absolutely wonderful.
So wonderful that when we went to Red Robin to celebrate Mrs. Ford's birthday I held Sabrina pretty much any time she wasn't actually nursing. Jenny asked me when the food arrived if I wanted to hand her back, but I know she only did that to be polite. She knew how happy her daughter was making me.
How very happy. So happy birthday to Mrs. Ford and happy holding a sleeping baby day to me!



My whispers to myself have been different but I totally understand the feeling. It's at 50% of the reason I like to work in the church nursery.
ReplyDeleteYou were nice enough to let me hold both Baby Sydney and Baby Jack before I was in a place that I could have a baby of my own. I especially remember a very emotionally trying day at work when I called you and said "I need to hold your baby" and you guys met me at Red Robin and didn't ask questions.
ReplyDeleteThough the wide age range of our kids may make planning some outings with them all a little difficult, there have been many benefits. Including more years with a baby for us both to hold and snuggle.