But apparently her daddy can. All day yesterday (May 2) Jeremy talked about it being Sydney's 18 month birthday. He woke her up with those words and put her down hoping she had a good one. So last night, as we were planning what we would do this weekend now that I am finally feeling better, Jeremy thought we should do something to celebrate Sydney's 18 month birthday.
I guess this is how family traditions get started. We spent the entire day doing Sydney things because it was her half birthday. We went downtown and shopped -- she got some CDs from the used CD store, two books from the used bookstore, and the Little People Noah's Ark. We went out to eat for breakfast at her favorite breakfast place and out to lunch at Olive Garden, her favorite lunch place. We went to the Nature Center and she played. At the end of the day, we went out for ice cream and she got to have her very own ice cream for the first time ever, and we ended the day at the pet store where she likes to go and look at the birds.
Playing in the sand pit at the Nature Center
Playing with Noah's Ark
For her first birthday, we had a party with her family and friends. Jeremy and I bought gifts and wrapped them to surprise her. That's pretty much what we plan to do every year for her birthday. Apparently, though, on half birthdays, Sydney gets to spend the entire day with just her parents, doing exactly what she wants to do, and picking out her own half birthday presents.
So, Happy 18 Month Birthday, Sydney!



(1 week, 6 months, 12 months, and 18 months)
While I may be biased, I still think she's one of the cutest munchkin I have ever known or seen.
ReplyDeleteAnd whether or not you continue the tradition, I think it's a great onw.
And apparently I can't type right today. This is how that post was supposed to appear.
ReplyDeleteWhile I may be biased, I still think she's one of the cutest munchkins I have ever known or seen.
And whether or not you continue the tradition, I think it's a great one.
Thanks. I hope it's a tradition we can keep. I seems to offer a nice way to round out the birthday celebration. I know a lot of folks who debate whether to buy surprise gifts or not (if you're going to be spending money, why not get the kid something they really want) and others who debate whether to make a birthday a family only event or a friend event. This way her birthday is for friends and surprise presents and her half birthday is for family only and she picks out what she wants. I like it. But I guess only time will tell whether or not this "tradition" sticks.
ReplyDeleteOoh, great idea. I may just have to steal that one. :)
ReplyDeleteawwww...how cute! If you keep going at this rate, you should write a book on how to make your kid's life super-special and celebrated. What a cool tradition!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! We do enjoy coming up with new and inventive ways to enjoy as much time with her as possible. I really try to take it to heart that she won't be this little forever.
ReplyDeleteI love how you guys are making family traditions!
ReplyDelete