Sunday, May 11, 2008

Confidence Game

Okay, picture this scene:

Standard grocery store, produce section.

There's a man with a small child. His attention is on the melons.

Enter Sydney. She's spotted the man. She knows his attention is elsewhere. I swear she even knows that he makes a better mark because he has a kid with him.

She quietly walks over to the man. Close, but not close enough to get his attention away from the melons.

She holds her arms straight in front of her, bends her knees, and does a perfect pratfall. She even manages to get a grunt in on impact.

The man turns his attention immediately from the melon to the "injured" Sydney. He asks if she's okay. He looks worried. If he has animal crackers, he might even offer her one.

Sucker.

3 comments:

  1. OMG I nearly fell out of my chair laughing!
    Wonder if she was surprised when the man didn't fall down right beside her the way her daddy does?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have been able to give you a laugh for the day. I'm picturing you at work bursting out laughing with curious coworkers nearby....

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's exactly what happened! I was sitting at my desk laughing out loud, and coworkers had to come see what was so funny!

    ReplyDelete