This year, I almost didn't buy Sydney a special St. Patrick's Day shirt. I always get one, put it on her for St. Patrick's and then she never, ever wears it again. Then I remembered why we care so much about St. Patrick's Day. It's not because we're Irish, really. Although the Nolen's are originally from Ireland and thanks to Aunt Florene can actually trace their roots back that far. No, we care so much about St. Patrick's Day around here because it was on St. Patrick's Day 2006 that we first found out that there would be a Sydney in our lives. It's St. Patrick's Day that marks the difference in our lives. So I bought the shirt. Who cares that she only wears it once? Hopefully someday I'll have enough of these green shirts to make a St. Patrick's Day quilt for her. Happy St. Patrick's Day, Sydney.


Aaaaaaaaa! I'm overwhelmed with cuteness. How sweet that you have a major day when you can remember the first time you knew there would be a Sydney. We are lucky that we found out about Pip on All Saints' day 2007 (although I was pretty sure before that owing to my inability to stay awake and all the nausea). Yay for your wee bairn! She is seriously so cute.
ReplyDeleteWhy thank you. I am wondering if this is one of the last years that we get to play up St. Patrick's Day as a Sydney holiday since her sibling's "the day we knew about you" is October 7th and a) will I really remember that in two years, b) it isn't really a holiday, is it? and c) her sibling will be just as Irish as she is.
ReplyDelete