Sydney will be three in less than a month and everyone keeps asking me if I can believe she's already going to be three.
I can't believe she isn't three already.
It is an actual struggle for me to remember to treat her like the older toddler that she is instead of like a preschooler (which she soon will be).
Part of it is her vocabulary: The other day she was aggravated with Jack because he was pulling on her shirt and finally she told him, "That's not reasonable!"
Part of it is her emotional intelligence: She looks for facial expressions in books to tell her how the characters are feeling. Sometimes she mistakes surprise for anger, but she is very clear on happiness and sadness.
Part of it is her general knowledge: At a stop sign the other day, she told her dad, "S-T-O-P, that spells stage." Her dad told her that it actually spelled "stop" to which she replied, "but S-T spells stage."
Today we spent the afternoon in my classroom. I had to be there for parent conference day, but I had finished all of my conferences by lunch, so I brought the kids back with me for the afternoon. Sydney spent the day playing Kindergarten. She played with the math manipulatives, used my teacher pointer, drew on paper, glued, and she and I did our first official letter activity:
I can't believe she isn't three already.
It is an actual struggle for me to remember to treat her like the older toddler that she is instead of like a preschooler (which she soon will be).
Part of it is her vocabulary: The other day she was aggravated with Jack because he was pulling on her shirt and finally she told him, "That's not reasonable!"
Part of it is her emotional intelligence: She looks for facial expressions in books to tell her how the characters are feeling. Sometimes she mistakes surprise for anger, but she is very clear on happiness and sadness.
Part of it is her general knowledge: At a stop sign the other day, she told her dad, "S-T-O-P, that spells stage." Her dad told her that it actually spelled "stop" to which she replied, "but S-T spells stage."
Today we spent the afternoon in my classroom. I had to be there for parent conference day, but I had finished all of my conferences by lunch, so I brought the kids back with me for the afternoon. Sydney spent the day playing Kindergarten. She played with the math manipulatives, used my teacher pointer, drew on paper, glued, and she and I did our first official letter activity:
She's going to be three, can you believe it?
No, not really. But she is very cute and very smart.
ReplyDeleteVery impressive with the alphabet rainbow. :)
ReplyDelete