Jeremy's birthday, in case you forgot, is the same as Sydney's, November 2nd. But when I got Sydney up from her not-nap (the thing she does while Jack is napping where she either watches a movie in my bed or plays in her room and occasionally falls asleep), Sydney had her socks off and they were full of something. I tried to grab a sock to see what she had put in it and she said, "No, Mom. These are for Dad's birthday!"Hmmm. Sounds like a fun way to fill up the rest of the afternoon.
So we decorated the table, made a birthday card and used playdough to make two birthday cakes (I made one and Sydney made the other). Then we waited for Jeremy to come home.
I can safely say that no one has ever been more surprised by birthday wishes. We even sang "Happy Birthday to Dad." But then when we were finished, Sydney said, "We forgot 'dear' Dad" and we sang it all over again "Happy Birthday Dear Dad."The socks, by the way, contained little plastic critters... a ladybug, grasshopper, ant, beetle and caterpillar/centipede... all of which Sydney took back after the party.
No comments:
Post a Comment