Remember the scene in which Tom Sawyer is told to whitewash the fence and he cons all the other boys into not only doing the job for him, but paying for the privilege?

Well, we weren't exactly whitewashing (whatever that is), and I didn't charge admission (other than asking one of the moms to bring paint -- thanks, Grace!), but I did get some very cute kids to paint my fence.

The idea was first of all to just have a fun Friday activity. But I thought of painting the fence when I realized that Jeremy was going to be staining it this fall and if I used washable paint then most of the paint would come off in the rain and Jeremy would stain over the rest. It seemed like the kind of thing that would be more fun with friends, so I invited Sydney's church friends, Emelia, Abigail, Sean and Ava over to help.

The kids had a lot of fun, but I think you can tell from the height and precision of a lot of the work that the moms had possibly even more fun than the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment