Monday, June 21, 2010

Mommy Time?

Monday was Library Day with the Hazens. The idea was for Kara and me to be able to visit a little bit before she left for New Jersey. See, the kids are all playing together and Kara and I are on the other side of that camera lens chatting away, right?

This was the actual visit:

"So when are you leaving for... oh, wait, Jack's pulling books off the shelf."
"Later this week... have you seen Peter?"
"So are the kids enjoying... Sydney! You can't have all of the dinosaurs."
"The kids enjoying?"
"Oh, I meant Aunt Amy. Are the kids enjoying Aunt Amy?"
"Of course! They... it's okay Danielle, I'll pick you up..."

I still don't know when she's leaving or what all the kids have planned with their awesome aunt.

But aren't they cute?

(By the way, I think I gave Aunt Amy a heart attack taking this picture -- notice my hands are on the camera and not on Peter to make sure he's not going head first into the water. Priorities and all, Amy came out at a brisk walk and subtly positioned herself with a hand on Peter until Kara finished checking out books. But just so we're clear, I was prepared for a water rescue.)

No comments:

Post a Comment