I borrowed Andrew again today. He and Sydney just play together so well.
I decided that since Andrew will be starting Kindergarten in just over a week, he might enjoy a preview of his school's playground. Coincidentally, it's also the playground that Sydney and I drive by every morning and she is always asking about it. It's not my school, but I have mentioned to some of their Kindergarten teachers that my daughter is fascinated by their playground and every one of them has said that I should bring her up and just let her play. One even told me, "It's a public playground." So I had no problem taking three kids up there today.

Once we got there, it became apparent that Sydney's real point of interest was the very old-school climbing structure. I think every playground in the 70's and eary 80's had one of these domes.

I was also glad that Andrew got to experience the playground before recess on the first day of school. He wanted to do the rings, which I explained to him he would have to be able to do on his own because the teachers probably wouldn't help him do it (but then I did anyway). He saw where the swings are in the back of the playground. And he got to experience climbing the dome and using it to pretend to be a lion in a zoo. Now when recess comes, he's ready to go to exactly where he wants to go and has a play plan.

After the playground, we dropped Jack off at the house for his nap and Sydney, Andrew and I went to Chick Fil A. They played and I actually got to read a bit. I think that was the very first time I read at a fast food restaurant. My future looks bright!
Back at the house, Sydney and Andrew just did their own thing while Jack napped and Jeremy played video games and I dozed. I did hear some talk of dressing up and needing wings. I also heard Sydney mumbling something about needing a gift for Andrew, something "boy-able." Then the talk turned to rings, and the next thing I heard, Sydney was showing off her wedding ring.
What?

Yep. They were playing "married." Which means you promise you won't be mean and you kiss and hug. I thought the definition was pretty good for a four year old, but I did institute a "no kissing" rule. I kind of loved her big plastic wedding ring, though. Sydney also asked many times today if Andrew was in our family or he was just a friend. I think I need to teach her the words "best friend" so that she has a way (other than a big plastic ring) to show that Andrew is very special to her.
Once Jack woke up, we were off to the Splash Pool. Apparently the tax-free weekend is THE time to go to the pool. I think a total of six families were out swimming today.

I go back to work full time next week, so I was glad to have a play date with Andrew before my schedule gets so hectic and I don't resurface until October.
No comments:
Post a Comment