Thursday, August 4, 2011

Playing at Mama's School

On Tuesday, I asked Helen if I could borrow Andrew for the morning. Sydney wanted to play in my classroom and has complained lately that my room is boring without other kids in it. (And we just love Andrew).

Later, I was talking to my friend Kristi about my plan for Tuesday and she mentioned that she had a workshop that day and was looking for childcare. I always feel that it's the more the merrier and so that's how I wound up working in my classroom with five little friends. They all had such a great time. Mostly, they played by themselves or in pairs, but all five of them got into the marble run (with some help from me in constructing it).

My favorite moment, though was with Andrew. He was wandering my room, seeing what there was to see and he found this treasure box. "Hey," he exclaimed, "This was mine at my four year old birthday." He's so right. His mother bought for his birthday party; the kids manage to not damage it too much before the candy spilled out and I asked her if I could have it for pirate day. That boy has a great memory.

Kristi joked that I wouldn't be able to get anything done with all of those kids, but really I did make a lot of progress (of course I had already done a lot before that morning). Overall, I am very happy with how the room looks this year. I try to change it up every year and every year I think I make it a little better.


1 comment: