Monday, August 29, 2011

Saturday Playdate with the Hazens

Kara and I used to go out painting at the paint your own pottery place as often as we could get away with it. These days, though, it seems like it's harder and harder to find time away from the kids and we've painted most of the ceramics we could ever really need.

So I invited Kara over for a Saturday arts and crafts playdate in which we would all paint. The kids got to paint some cards and paper and Kara and I worked on some wall art on canvas.

It went really well and although neither Kara nor I had time to finish our projects, we both got to a great stopping point and have something to look forward to on our next playdate.

Other than painting, the kids did just run amuck, getting out all of their toys and playing dress up. Sydney found her long-lost light up ball when Danielle sent Jack's Batman car under the couch and Jeremy had to move the furniture to find it.

Peter helped Jeremy make delicious homemade pizzas for lunch.

And I introduced Danielle (and Kara) to Poisson Rougue, which is "Red Fish" in French and also the best free preschool website.

School has started back and I am shifting gears from pretty much full time stay-at-home mom (well, everyone knows I don't stay at home, but whatever) to working mom, so it was nice to have a little playdate to remind myself and the kids that the fun at home doesn't have to stop just because our school days are spent apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment