Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sydney and Grandma

Grandma came for a day trip Monday and spent the day doing pretty much whatever Sydney wanted... all day long.

Sydney wanted to play CandyLand.

and Don't Break the Ice.

And the Cootie game.

Sydney wanted to color.

Sydney wanted to read books.

Sydney (and Jack) wanted to play with play dough.

And last visit, Sydney let it be known that she wanted night gowns.*

On the one hand, Sydney was very sad when Grandma had to leave at the end of the day. On the other hand, I think too many days like this would probably wear Grandma out and would definitely spoil a certain little girl.

But it sure is nice every once and a while!




*Jeremy and I just trend towards pajamas that are pants or shorts with a shirt. We had never bought Sydney a night gown. Then one day, about two months ago, Sydney wistfully said one night, "I wish they made pajamas that are like a dress." So I told her maybe she could earn a nightgown (since I wasn't buying all new pajamas just 'cause). When my mother heard that her granddaughter might have to earn night gowns, she immediately set about providing a whole new night wardrobe. So there you go, Sydney. Pajamas that are like a dress. Courtesy of Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment