Monday, June 2, 2008

Cooking with Nolens

I hope that Sydney enjoys a lot of things. I hope that her interests are well rounded and that she has a lot to share in common with both her father and with me. I know that we both have so much to share with her. I hope she gets a sense of helping others from me, and I hope she takes after me in her sense of whimsy and wonder. I hope she learns a love of reading from me. I hope I can teach her to love silly craft projects and board games. Really, there is so much I want to share with her.

But when it comes to cooking, I hope she takes after her dad. Because really, people should know how to cook with ingredients that aren't inside cardboard boxes. Or so Jeremy says.

A few weekends ago, we went to Aunt Peggy's house where there was far too much good food. Every time I think there is some dish that I absolutely will not eat, one of Jeremy's relatives makes it and it turns out that I like that dish after all. Go figure.

This is Sydney and Jeremy with Jeremy's dad and grandpa -- four generations enjoying a home cooked meal. It doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment