Monday, June 2, 2008

Official Start of Summer

Summer's here. Again.

I don't understand what is happening with time around here. It's just moving at this crazy accelerated pace and I want it to slow down. Sydney and I got out her backyard pool and while she was helping me fill it up by holding the water hose (and realizing that something really cool happens if you put your finger in the hose), I realized that it was only a year ago that she had her first baby pool and that this time last year, not only was she not walking around with a water hose, she couldn't stand up, or pull up, or even crawl. In fact, the big deal last summer was that she was sitting up on her own well enough to be in a little baby pool.

Where did my Sydney-baby go? And how much longer before my Sydney-toddler turns into my Sydney-girl? On the one hand, I miss my little baby, and on the other I am enjoying my toddler so very much, and on the other other hand, I can't wait to see what my little girl will be up to all too soon. What a cool experience being a mother is!







Sydney, 6 months, in her first baby pool













Sydney, 18 months, in her big toddler pool

2 comments:

  1. HOORAY! the blog is back!
    I have to agree, where did our baby go? But she is so cute and learning so fast, it's just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the blog is back. And, yes, she is so very cute. I can't believe how quickly she picks up things. Her newest phrase, for example, is "Bye! See you later!" or "Bye-er" as it most often comes out. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete