Wednesday, July 2, 2008

First Movie


I took Sydney to see her first movie in the theater. We saw Horton Hears a Who. It seemed like a good first movie choice. She stayed in her seat pretty much the entire movie -- although she did stand in her seat quite a bit. She seemed to like it, and was attentive to most of the film, although I'm not sure how much she really understood. During a scene where Horton is running away from a vulture, Horton peeks around a tree to see if he has lost the vulture, and at the moment Horton's head pops around the tree, Sydney yelled, "Boo!" Because that's what you do when you are hiding behind a tree, of course. As you can see in the picture, though, most of her attention was on my water bottle. I would like to take this moment to thank my mother for teaching Sydney that bottles of water are super cool. Not only does this mean that I cannot have a bottle of water to myself, but the skills needed to twist the top off a bottle of water are exactly the skills needed to lock her dad in the garage. Thanks, Grandma! :)

By the way, if you haven't seen the movie, the whole 88 minutes of it is worth it just to get the bad Vlad vs. good Vlad lines. Loved it!

1 comment:

  1. I love that Horton went with her. Did he have a bath during the movie? I am proud there weren't costumes. (Remember Toy Story.)

    ReplyDelete