Friday, July 4, 2008

Fourth of July

For the Fourth of July, we went down to the local park and enjoyed the big community celebration. I love the town we live in so much. It's still small town enough to have community events and just big enough to have its own shopping center.

As always, Sydney enjoyed just playing in the park. This slide is pretty easy to climb up, so she got to realize her dream of climbing up a slide and then sliding back down.


Part of the big fair at the park was a petting zoo. Sydney liked the lambs and goats, but was a little wary of the bunnies at first. I don't blame her -- they've got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses. And what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?

I think Sydney's very favorite part of the whole Fourth of July in the park, though, was this ride. She had a blast! I guess she's going to be a roller coaster girl when she grows up, which will be nice for Jeremy since I won't ride them with him.

And of course, the day ended with a great fireworks show.

Happy Fourth of July, all. I enjoyed spending my day in an all American town at a quintessentially American fair, being reminded that I should take a moment to be grateful I was born here in America, land of the free, home of the brave.

4 comments:

  1. That almost brought a tear to my eyes. You totally made me want to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I wish you guys could have been here to celebrate with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome 4th! Love the look on her face while she is riding the 'plane'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post with great pictures. I really feel like I got to watch Sydney watch fireworks. How fun. I know what you mean about the size of your town. I am now waiting for us to get our own shopping center.
    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete